Safety in Pakistan is a relative term. Some areas in Pakistan are as safe as a house while some are dangerous. What it requires from you is to travel with caution and do detailed research before traveling to sensitive areas. Although, Pakistan is a victim of terrorism, but the media overhype the safety condition and risks of travel to Pakistan. A great majority of Pakistan awaits for tourists and travelers while rest closes itself for all good reasons. Sometimes the tourist has to travel with an armed police escort for security purposes. The military has firm control over the state, which makes most of the places fit for a safe visit for an amazing experience. Now the question is:
Which areas are not safe for a visit?
- The province of Balochistan bordering Afghanistan and Iran has a high threat of risk. The only chance if you can visit is if you obtain a special permit which is hard to get.
- The tribal areas inhabitant by Pashtuns is bordering Afghanistan and Balochistan. Like, Balochistan it requires a special permit which is hard to obtain.
So Where should you go?
The province of Sindh and Punjab and some parts of KPK are safe for a perfect visit. Explore Karachi, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Lahore, Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, and many more. Don’t miss out on Chitral, Swat, Gilgit, and Kalam. Check out the detailed articles on these and know more!
Anything else that you need to know:
- Choose the right travel insurance company.
- Hire a guide if you’re new.
- Get used to checkpoints.
- Neither avoid nor be afraid of an armed police escort.
- Do not dress inappropriately and always respect cultural values.
Safety Tips for Solo Female Traveller:
- Refrain from sharing your contact details.
- Avoid being out too late at night.
- Dress appropriately.
- Trust your instincts.
Stay Alert and have a safe journey! 🙂